Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I get a copy of my baptismal or confirmation certificate?
You must contact the church that administered the sacrament. If you do not know which church, or the church has been closed, contact the Catholic Pastoral Center, Diocese of Pueblo. (719) 544 – 9861 extension 1161, or submit a Baptism or Confirmation Request form to: Diocese of Pueblo, Archive Request, 101 N. Greenwood Street, Pueblo, Colorado, 81003.
- The Parish where I received my Sacrament(s) has been closed, how do I get a copy of my records?
If you were baptized or confirmed at St. Patrick, Pueblo, or Our Lady of the Assumption, Pueblo, contact St. Mary Help of Christians at (719) 296 – 8778.
If you were baptized or confirmed at St. Anthony Parish, Pueblo, or the Sacred Heart Orphanage, please contact the Diocese of Pueblo, (719) 544 – 9861 extension 1100. If you were baptized or confirmed at Our Lady of Guadalupe, Pueblo, please contact St. Leander, Pueblo, at (719) 544 – 8411. If you received your sacraments at Our Lady of Mt. Carmel, Trinidad, or St. Joseph, Trinidad, please contact Holy Trinity, Trinidad (719) 846 – 3369.
- Where can I find my Communion Records?
The Archives in the Catholic Pastoral Center, Diocese of Pueblo, does not hold any First Communion Records. Those records can only be found at the Church in which the Sacrament was received.
- I was baptized in a hospital, how do I get a copy of my record?
You need to contact the Hospital in which you were baptized.
- I was baptized in a different diocese, who do I contact for my records?
Call the Catholic Pastoral Center, Diocese of Pueblo at (719) 544 – 9861 extension 1161 and the diocese will help to provide you with the phone number for that diocese.
- How do I get a copy of my high school transcript?
Transcripts available for Roncalli and Seton High Schools only. Please submit Graduation or Transcript Request Form to: Diocese of Pueblo, Archive Request, 101 N. Greenwood Street, Pueblo, Colorado 81003
- How do I get information about adoption records?
Contact Catholic Charities at (719) 544 – 4233.
- Whom do I call for genealogical research?
St. Mary's Genealogy Center is happy to assist you with your genealogy needs. They may be reached by calling (719) 542-6323 or emailing Stmarysgen@yahoo.com. The hours for the genealogy center are Wednesdays from 1 to 5 p.m.
What is in the Archive:
- Sacramental Records:
The archive holds the sacramental records for the Diocese of Pueblo. We have records beginning from 1861 until the present.
- Baptismal Records:
The baptismal records contain the date of birth, baptism, name of person, baptismal sponsor, and officiating priest.
- Confirmation Records:
The confirmation records contain the date of confirmation, name and age of person, names of confirmation sponsor(s), and the officiating bishop or priest.
There are transcripts available for Roncalli & Seton High Schools.
- Historical Information
In the archive there is historical information about our church in Southern Colorado relating to individuals, and various parishes. Any specific historical questions can be addressed to the Catholic Pastoral Center, Diocese of Pueblo at (719) 544 – 9861 extension 1161 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Rules, Fees, & Forms
- There is no charge for Baptism and Confirmation Records.
- There is no charge for Proof of Birth for the Secretary of State Office.
- The archive is closed to the public. Arrangements can be made for research by contacting the Catholic Pastoral Center, Diocese of Pueblo, at (719) 544 – 9861 extension 1161 or email@example.com.