Join the Diocese of Pueblo team!
Do you enjoy creating content? Do you hold proven outstanding creativity, writing skills, and a strategic mindset? The Diocese of Pueblo is looking for a Communications Coordinator. In this role, you will play a key role in the planning and development of content to magnify the reach, impact, and influence of our email newsletter, website, magazine, and social media channels across the diocese. We need a communications athlete who loves both the art and science of communications, and who wants to make an impact in the world for Jesus Christ.
POSITION TITLE: Communications Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Chancellor & Director of Operations
STATUS: Full time/Non-exempt
The Office of Communications serves to inform, educate, and inspire the faithful by increasing awareness of the various ministries and programs offered by the Diocese of Pueblo. The Office of Communications is responsible for spreading the good works of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Pueblo and the Catholic Church.
This position is responsible for assisting in the development, coordination, and implementation of internal and external communications activities. This includes gathering and analyzing information in order to (1) develop and write print and electronic publications, (2) develop content for the diocesan magazine; and email newsletter, (3) maintain and update the diocesan website and (4) social media platforms.
- Provide insightful, creative, faith-minded writing on a regular basis in a variety of formats.
- Develops creative, clear, communications material in support of the diocesan communications strategies (email newsletter, website, magazine, and social media channels)
- Cultivate stories and content that are written from a Christian perspective and consistent with Roman Catholic Church beliefs and practice
- Select photos and other pertinent material to enhance writing and create effective marketing material
- Identify target audience(s) and develop appropriate mix of communication methods and activities will be the most effective
- Engage in on-going research on local, national, and global issues related to the Church and the diocese
- Respond timely to a wide variety of requests from parishes, clergy, community groups, business partners providing information and assistance as appropriate
- Collaborate with to departments and ministries to ensure that all material reflects a cohesive & consistent “voice”
- Assist in development of communication strategies that that advance internal and external communication efforts
- Proof and edit written communications
- Create and maintain a catalog of photos and written materials with keywords, captions and description
- Develops and maintains the department's style guide, including editorial standards and policies.
- Exhibit and maintain a professional manner and confidentiality in all aspects of assignments
- Prioritize, plan, organize, and work effectively, using independent judgment to in accordance with established policies and procedure
- Complete assignments and meet timelines in an environment with a multitude of on-going tasks
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in mass communications, marketing, public relations, or a related field
- Three to five (3-5) years of experience in public relations, communications, marketing, journalism, or a related field
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge/familiarity with the teachings and values of the Catholic Church
- Possess a positive, service-oriented attitude and be a proven team player
- Possess the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment where functioning autonomously and collaborating as part of a team are equally important
- Advanced oral, written, interpersonal communication, editorial and proofreading skills (grammar, style, syntax, spelling, and punctuation)
- Strong proficiency in MS Office, email, Constant Contact, document creation software (i.e. Adobe Acrobat, Google Docs), and website content management (i.e. Word Press, Joomla, Drupal 8)
- Experience managing basic social media platforms (Twitter and LinkedIn) to create shareable content
- Must have a keen eye for detail
- Operating knowledge of and experience in using digital video and still cameras
- Written and verbal fluency in Spanish a plus
There are no supervisor duties or responsibilities in this role.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work in an individual office with a door. The noise level is quiet. The duties of this job may require the employee to travel occasionally or work in an off-site location outside regular business hours.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, use hands in repetitive motion tasks, handle objects and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand or move about and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to10 pounds. Vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation
- Must have good driving record, current Colorado Driver’s License, and automobile insurance
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Employment in and by the Church is substantially different from secular employment. Church employees must conduct themselves in a manner consistent with and supportive of the mission of the Church. Their public behavior must not violate the faith, morals or laws of the Church or the Diocese of Pueblo such that it could embarrass the Church or give rise to scandal. It is expected that all employees respect Roman Catholic doctrine and religious practices. In some cases, reasonable accommodations for the religious practices of employees who are not Roman Catholic may be provided. Some positions will require that the incumbent be an active Roman Catholic in good standing with the Church.
- Health Insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) employer match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Monday- Friday, occasional weekend or evenings