The parish Coordinator of Faith Formation is a professional administrator who assists the Pastor in providing religious education and spiritual growth for the children in the parish. This work includes, but is not limited to: data and records management, phone and email support, supplies and inventory management, communications work, supporting church ministries and committees and collaborating with volunteers. The Parish Coordinator of Faith Formation will be a resource person for both members and non-members, and a welcoming and responsive presence in our church’s office and parishioners. The Coordinator of Faith Formation is a steward of the physical, financial and personnel resources of the parish, and enables the religious education classes to function effectively.
• Directs a quality faith formation program for children (preschool through grade 5)
• Oversees and promotes RCIC, Sacramental Preparation (Reconciliation & Holy Communion), and Vacation Bible School
o Provides material for religious classes
o Schedule classes that correlate with School District 51 calendar year
• Coordinates, recruits, and trains catechists
• Coordinates events and activities involving children (Easter Egg Hunts, Family End of Year Celebration, Christmas Play, etc.)
• Oversees and teaches classes as needed
• Meet with parents & catechists for year end evaluations
• Coordinates child care for events
• Collaborates with IHM’s Mom group
• Maintains cry room supplies, devotionals, & activities for children
Education and Experience:
• Theology Degree or Background preferably
• 2-5 years of experience in religious education including courses & seminars
• Able to interact and communicate efficiently with children
• Experience in a church or other ministry setting is preferred
Knowledge Skills and Abilities demonstrating application of the following:
• Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information with discretion
• Experience with a broad range of administrative duties
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Problem solving, discretion and interpersonal skills needed
• Exhibit good listening and comprehension with all ages; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
• Keep others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods; listens and gets clarification
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, projecting a professional, sincere and friendly manner
• Ability to function effectively and efficiently in an active environment under flexible and changing conditions and work collaboratively with staff, parishioners, diocese, vendors, etc.
• Organization, time management and ability to manage tasks effectively
• Self-motivated, well organized, detail oriented, and able to effectively work independently within a team framework.
• Knowledge of the operation of diocesan deaneries, parish structures and operations preferred
• Train on diocesan systems and train others as necessary.
• This position is responsible for overseeing catechists.
• This position is in a general office setting
• 20-30 Hours a Week, Flexible Time within the hours of Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with possibly some evenings and/or weekends
• Requires coordination and manual dexterity, normal mental and visual ability; ability to lift as required in a normal office environment
• Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time using various office machinery
• Walking, sitting, standing, stooping, reaching, talking, handling, hearing, carrying
• Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation
• Must have good driving record, current Colorado Driver’s License and automobile insurance
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Employment in and by the Church is substantially different from secular employment. Church employees must conduct themselves in a manner consistent with and supportive of the mission of the Church. Their public behavior and social media presence must not violate the faith, morals or laws of the Church or the Diocese of Pueblo such that it could embarrass the Church or give rise to scandal. It is expected that all employees respect Roman Catholic doctrine and religious practices. In some cases, reasonable accommodations for the religious practices of employees who are not Roman Catholic may be provided. Some positions will require that the incumbent be an active Roman Catholic in good standing with the Church.