How do I obtain a copy of my Baptismal or Confirmation Certificate?
You must contact the church that administered the sacrament. If you do not know which church or the church has been closed, contact the Diocese of Pueblo Catholic Pastoral Center at (719) 544-9861, ext. 1161, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Catholic Church where I received my Sacrament(s) has been closed, how do I obtain a copy of my records?
- If you were baptized or confirmed at Saint Patrick Catholic Church, Pueblo, or Our Lady of the Assumption Catholic Church, Pueblo, contact Saint Mary Help of Christians Catholic Church at (719) 296-8778.
- If you were baptized or confirmed at Saint Anthony Catholic Church, Pueblo, or the Sacred Heart Orphanage, please contact the Diocese of Pueblo Catholic Pastoral Center at (719) 544-9861, ext.1161.
- If you were baptized or confirmed at Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic Church, Pueblo, please contact Saint Leander Catholic Church, Pueblo at (719) 544-8411.
- If you received your sacraments at Our Lady of Mount Carmel Catholic Church, Trinidad, or Saint Joseph Catholic Church, Trinidad, please contact Holy Trinity Catholic Church, Trinidad (719) 846-3369.
Where can I find my First Holy Communion Records?
- The Archives in the Diocese of Pueblo Catholic Pastoral Center does not hold First Holy Communion Records. Those records can only be found at the church in which the Sacrament was received.
I was baptized in a hospital, how do I obtain a copy of my Baptismal Record?
- You need to contact the Hospital in which you were baptized.
I was baptized in a different diocese, who do I contact for my Sacramental Records?
Call the Diocese of Pueblo Catholic Pastoral Center at (719) 544-9861, ext.1161 and the diocese will help to provide you with the phone number for that diocese.
How do I get a copy of my High School transcript?
- Transcripts are available for Roncalli, Seton High, and Pueblo Catholic Schools only. Please contact the Diocese of Pueblo Catholic Pastoral Center at (719) 544-9861, ext. 1161, or email email@example.com.
- High School records from Holy Cross Abbey in Canon City can be obtained from Saint Benedict's Abbey (1020 North 2nd Street, Atchison, KS 66002-1499).
- High School records from Saint Scholastica Academy in Canon City can be obtained by mail from Canon Register, Saint Scholastica Monastery (7430 North Ridge Blvd., Chicago, IL 60645).
How do I get information about adoption records?
- Adoption records for Sacred Heart Orphanage are with the state. Please contact Mollie Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail:
Mollie Hill, Ph.D.
Adoption Licensing Specialist
Colorado Department of Human Services
Division of Child Welfare
1575 Sherman Street, 2nd Floor
Denver, CO 80203
Whom do I call for genealogical research?
- Saint Mary's Genealogy Center is happy to assist you with your genealogy needs. They may be reached by
contacting (719) 542-6323 or email@example.com. The Genealogy Center is open on Wednesday from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m.
What is in the Archive:
- Sacramental Records:
The archive holds the sacramental records for the Diocese of Pueblo. We have records beginning from 1861 until the present.
- Baptismal Records:
The baptismal records contain the date of birth, baptism, name of the person, baptismal sponsor, and officiating priest.
- Confirmation Records:
The confirmation records contain the date of confirmation, name and age of the person, names of confirmation sponsor(s), and the officiating bishop or priest.
There are transcripts available for Pueblo Catholic, Roncalli and Seton High Schools.
- Historical Information
In the archive, there is historical information about our church in Southern Colorado relating to individuals and various parishes. Any specific historical questions can be addressed to the Diocese of Pueblo Catholic Pastoral Center at (719) 544-9861, ext. 1161 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rules, Fees, & Forms
- The Diocese of Pueblo does not issue Baptism and Confirmation Certificates.
- There is no charge for Proof of Birth for the Secretary of State Office.
- The archive is closed to the public.