What Personal Data we collect and why we collect it
- How we use Personal Data
- Who we share Personal Data with
- The choices we offer, including how to access, update, and remove Personal Data
Diocese of Pueblo operates dioceseofpueblo.org (“Site”) and may operate other websites.
TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We collect personal information when you voluntarily submit it to us.
For example, you may provide us with personal information (such as name, address, email address, telephone numbers and/or credit/debit card information). If a website visitor contacts us by email they may provide us with their email address, and name. Providing data is required in these contexts in order for us to process your donations, requests, or respond to inquiries. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- Cookies are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Log files track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- Google Analytics, “events” and “pixels” that records traffic-related information and how you interact with the site.
User Content: to the extent that you choose to input Personal Data as part of such content, images, comments, and other content, information, and materials that you post to or through the Service.
WHERE DO WE TRANSFER YOUR INFORMATION?
Diocese of Pueblo is based in the United States, and any information transmitted to us may be stored, accessed, or processed in the United States. Residents of other countries, including residents of the European Union, should be aware that the laws of the United States do not offer the same protections as the laws of your home country.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for delivery, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you; Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- We mainly use the Order Information for confirmation purposes.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We do not trade, share, or sell information that you provide to us with other organizations who intend to use it only to market their products or services to you.
- We may share your information with reputable third parties that we have partnered with in order to better serve you.
- For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access the personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information is corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18.
If Diocese of Pueblo, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Diocese of Pueblo goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that are transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur and that any acquirer of Diocese of Pueblo may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.